The SSI Advanced Adventurer program is intended to allow and prepare Open Water divers to experience and enhance student interest in different areas of recreational diving, as well as to encourage these divers to further their diving education and experience, allowing them to dive down to 30 meters.
Directly after the SSI Open Water Diver or the SSI Dive Stress & Rescue, the Advanced Adventurer is the entry into continuing education, especially for those divers who cannot decide which specialty courses they want or should learn. During the Advanced Adventurer Program you will have the chance to try out 5 different specialties. You will complete one open water training dive per trial specialty in order to get a better understanding for each specialty area. The Deep dive is compulsory, then you can choose 4 more areas.
Later, you can complete all or just a few of your selected speciaties through a Specialty Course by completing the second dive and finishing all academic requirements.
This two day course really increases your skill and confidence underwater and also unlocks many doors to becoming a diver. During the Advanced Adventurer course you will have the chance to try out 5 different specialties. You will complete one open water training dive per specialty in order to get a better understanding for each specialty area.
To enroll on the SSI Advanced Adventurer course you must be 10 years or older. You must have already successfully completed a qualifying certification from a recognised training agency.
What you will learn
- This 2 day course involves 5 open water dives (choice of specialty areas)
Adventure dive options :
- We will take you to one of our deep ocean dive sites and you will be able to go all the way to the bottom. This is a great dive as it will then unlock many dive sites around the world to you, down to 30m.
- You will practice using a compass and also using natural navigation to navigate one of our dive sites. It is a very useful skill to have.
- This dive is highly recommended as it improves your control in the water. You will spend time practising some buoyancy skills and also tackle an underwater obstacle course.
- If you want to learn about the underwater world we love so much, this is a good choice. We will help you to identify different types of marine life (vertebrates and invertebrates) and coral.
Search & Recovery Dive:
- Use a compass and search patterns to find things underwater, and also learn how to use a lift bag to bring up large objects from the deep.
- Take a digital camera for a dive and you will be spoiled for choice as to what to photograph. We will show you the techniques for using the camera and hints on how to take a great photo (CD with the images on is included in the price).
Night and Limited Visibility Dive:
- A firm favourite for many divers is the night dive. You will see many different types of marine life than you would on a day dive. It’s an amazing experience and a highlight of the Advanced Adventurer course (torch rental included in the price).
- Learn how to plan a multi-level dive and then use a computer to stick to your plan. Very useful for deep diving and for becoming more independent in your dives!
- Explore one of our shallow water wrecks and be amazed at the fish life that they attract.
As a SSI Advanced Adventurer diver, you will be competent to dive to a maximum depth of 30m and you will have a qualification that is recognised worldwide.